1/25/2008

Syb Sez "She Asked The Inevitable"

After showing the hairdresser the photo of the way I wanted my hair cut; he responded, "now I can cut your hair this way or I can cut your hair to soften your face and make you look younger!" Now please tell me what a woman who is approaching middle age is supposed to do? Of course, I'm not crazy! An hour later I walked out of the beauty shop with a rather, shall I say "progressive" hair cut.

While waiting for the chair and thumbing through Hungarian magazines, I made conversation with the international student seated next to me. We chatted a few minutes and then she asked, “Are you here visiting your son or daughter at the university?" I responded, "no, we live here and we pastor the International Church."

In reality this student confirmed the inevitable. The older I get, the broader the generation gap between me and university students! Instead of looking like "a friend", I'm beginning to look like dear ole Mom!

Although I can't turn back the hands of time, perhaps I need to pay more attention to those age-defying secrets we read about in those magazines! No matter what the age is, it is my desire to stay youthful and useful! Anyway, isn't age just a number?

Psalm 92:14 - They shall still bear fruit in old age; they shall be fresh and flourishing.