1/18/2008

Celebrating My Birthday In 4 Part Harmony

Despite diets, fasting and scheduling around appointments, the Golden Arch Birthday Club was the setting for my recent birthday celebration! We gathered around the table to a plate of freshly baked pineapple cookies sporting a never before used birthday candle and some freshly purchased ginger snaps. As usual the missionary shutterbugs were in full force! The sound of all of "us" singing Happy Birthday in English in 4 part harmony drew stares, but unfortunately no applause! We sipped our $1.50 cappuccinos as I modeled my custom made John Deere apron made by a very special seamstress who happens to be a missionary from New Zealand. The unexpected gifts included not only the beautiful John Deere apron, cards and candles, but my brother surprised me with my very own John Deere tractor that will remain in its original plastic package with a note from my sister saying "Happy Birthday and we love you!" The couple hour escape from our normal routines in the Boldog Szűletésnapot (Happy Birthday in Hungarian) corner of Mickey D's was a friendly place to share my birthday with friends and family! Thanks gang for making it a memorable day! You rock!