4/23/2008

The Weight of the Matter

This morning I walked to one of my favorite fruit / veggie stands to purchase carrots, apples and a few banana's. I was trying to communicate in Hungarian with the owner and his employee. They both look as if they have lost weight! I was trying to ask, "how many kilo's have you lost?" In turn he told me how much he weighed and then invited me to step on the industrial size scales and weight. I declined with laughter and left the shop with this funny story to share with you! Later in the day in my mind, I was rehershing the conversation when I realzied I had used the wrong word when asking the question!

Oh well............this is a classic example of mis-communication and mis-understanding...........but it makes a great story! Oh go ahead and laugh..........even if it is at my expense!