4/01/2008

April Fools Day

After all of these years of living in Hungary, I just found out that Hungarian's have a "Fun Day / Joke Day". In the USA we call it April Fools Day. Curious about the orgination of this day I thought I would "google" to find out the history. As I began to look at the listings on the search engine, I just realized my eyes are crossing and I think it's best that I don't stay up to read about April Fools Day. I will however, confirm Hungarians are known to express themselves through the complication of trying to distinguish humour from reality.

While in conversation with a Hungarian friend, I was told that years ago someone placed an advertisement in the local newspaper, advertising "Abba" would be in concert at the university. That night students showed up for the free concert and were told "April Fools"!

Of course I had to share my story about the FBI calling me on April Fools Day. Now with my eyes crossing and toothpicks promping them open, I'll make the story short. It was NOT an April Fools joke! To my surprise it was a real call concering the company that I had worked for back in the early 80's.......!

Oh well.........A firm peice of foam rubber covered with a bed sheet topped with a warm duvet is calling me! However, not having pulled a April Fools joke on Ed, I think I'll tell him I have a sudden burst of energy and I'm going to defrost the refrig and organize the pantry and also clean the balcony! Oh, that wouldn't work......he knows me way to well!