4/29/2009

There is Not a Victory Without A Conflict

(JuJu (L) & Kim (R) I first met Kim about 6 weeks ago. The first thing I noticed about her
was her beautiful Hungarian red hair! (No she is not Hungarian - just the color of her hair is very Hungarian) Of course, my thoughts drifted back to fond memories of being surrounded by women who had this same hair color. So I took a photo of she and JuJu and titled it "Two Beautiful Ladies". (I will blog about JuJu in a later blog.)

Until yesterday, since our initial meeting, I had met Kim only on one other occasion. That was at a recent Women's Conf. It was nice to see a familiar face in the crowd and also a hair color that once again took me back to pleasant thoughts of life in Hungary.

Kim seems abit self conscious about her scares, but they are not disfiguring at all. You see, she is a cancer survivor. Many years ago she was first diagnosed with a cancer in the area of her chin. The day this photo was made she had received a good report from her doctor. Yesterday, she and her husband Jim came by the office. Kim had not received such a good report and they are wanting to pull her teeth.

Please pray that she will not have to have her teeth pulled and that the bone structure will heal and be healthy and that she can live cancer free. She is a wife, Mother of two, pastor's wife, encourager, friend to many..... as the list could go on and on.
In talking with she and her husband, he mention that "there is not a victory without a conflict." As I am writing this, I am thinking about Jeremiah 29:11 that God has plans to prosper Kim and Jim . He has plans that include hope and a future. Thank God for His hope!