5/30/2008

On A Sad Note

On Thursday morning I visited in the home of Sandor, Elizabeth and Enkio.

Earlier today, Eniko telephoned to inform us that her Dad had passed away during the morning hours. I am so happy that I once again got to visit with him and his family. Many who knew Sandor, knew him on a professional level. They knew him as Sandor the scientist, doctor or philosopher. I knew Sandor as the man who enjoyed cooking and who could make THE BEST stuffed cabbage rolls! I knew him and his delightful wife as ones who also exhibited hospitality.

As I visited and prayed with him only hours before his passing, I shared some of my fond memories with he and his family. As I was reminiscing about the old days, Sandor opened his baby peeps once again to expose his beautiful blue eyes. It was his way of acknowledging me and saying his good bye!

As I'm sure the days ahead will be difficult for those that remain, our prayers and thoughts are with this wonderful family and know that God will surround them with His love, peace and comfort!