12/24/2007

I'm just the janitor

I’m just the janitor!

That’s what the man said when we gave him a Christmas gift today. Even though it is customary to give something to those who work around you such as the postal worker who delivers your mail or your hair dresser, few people ever stop to think about the janitor.

Pastor Ron Carpenter said something that made me stop and think.

He said “You will never affect those you shun.”

Mary Magdalene was a woman “normal people” would shun.

The Samaritan woman at the well was a woman
“normal people” would shun.

The man with leprosy was a person “normal people” would shun.

Maybe you were a person that “normal people” would shun.

We all now someone who belongs to a group that “normal people” shun, the question is which group do we belong to?

If I had to chose, I would decline the invitation to be part of the “normal people” group. Jesus wasn’t “normal people”.

“You will never affect those you shun”

1 comment:

Mary Jill said...

Welcome to the blogosphere!!! I look forward to reading your posts. Merry Christmas or as they are saying around here today "God Jul". MJ